I am so THANKFUL!!! Thanksgiving post #1 of 2

What changed when I had kids? A better question may be: What doesn't change? I love this time of year and I love what I am becoming as a mother, wife and person.

1. I finally stop to smell the roses, because my kids want to.

2. Where I once believed I was fearless, I now find myself afraid

3. The sacrifices I thought I made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.

4. I respect my body ... finally.

5. I respect my parents and love them in a new way.

6. I find that my kids pain feels much worse than my own.

7. I believe once again in the things I believed in as a child.

8. I lost touch with the people in my life whom should have banished years ago.

9. my heart breaks much more easily.

10. I think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.

11. Every day is a surprise.

12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please me. (Hooray for poop!) Pooopy time is a great time at the Barratt's

13. I look at my kids in the mirror instead of myself.

14. I have become a morning person.

15. my love is limitless, a superhuman power.

16. I discover how much there is to say about one tooth.

17. I would rather buy a plastic tricycle or legos than the shoes that i have been dying to have.

18. I don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night.

19. I realize that the 15 pounds I can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having.

20. I take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means being be late

21. where my kid's are concerned, I'll speak my mind and really connect with my inner "b"!

22. No matter what I have accomplished (or haven't accomplished) in my life, I look at my children and think, "I've done a GREAT job!"

23.I can have the most wonderful conversation using only vowel sounds like "ahhh" and "oooo."

24. I take pride in how good my kids look while I wear a hat, sweats and hairy legs.

25. I think to myself on a daily basis how amazing of genes John and I have. Seriously, we do!

Comments

don and jacki said…
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! this!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Nukaya Family said…
You are such an AMAZING mother, and person! I love you!

Popular Posts