Memorial Day 2011
















The Civil War came to Camp Floyd State Park today, a time remembered through re-enactments, encampments, storytelling, stagecoach rides, firearm and cannon demonstrations, marches, drills and 1861 period games.
Camp Floyd was an Army outpost from 1858 to 1861, when troops were called back east to fight in the Civil War, according to Utah State Parks personnel. Stagecoach Inn, built in 1858 and used by the Overland Stage and the Pony Express, has been restored and is now a museum at the park.
We learned, laughed and had a great time as a family.
Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Schneider for the fun day.

Comments

Fisher Family said…
I haven't checked your blog in FOREVER and I'm so glad I did.

This place has so many great memories for my family. My Grandpa grew up in the Stagecoach inn. We went through it every memorial day. He is now buried in the cemetery there in Fairfield and our family has a race on the road surrounding the cemetery every year. gosh, seeing the pic of that place makes me happy. Thank You for the post. It looks like your family had so much fun.

Popular Posts