The reason we start things is rarely the reason we continue them...

I have a cool phone. It does so many things... Last night while up with a sick child I was scrolling through my pictures and I had an awe-inspiring idea for a blog post. Using quotes and bits from two recent books I have read.   As well as my images I had on my phone just waiting to be shared.  As I was looking over these pictures it has been brought to my attention the amount of ''FIRSTS" we have had in our family this year.
Kierkagard wrote that "we understand our lives backward, but we must live them forward." He was right, of course; but in looking back on the hammer strikes that chisel and shape our souls we understand more than out lives and even ourselves - we begin to comprehend the sculptor.

(Bret Bushman our primary chorister. Amazes me every Sunday)
(Monday night is now FAMILY NIGHT)
One of the greatest gifts we can give as parents is a happy childhood.
(We love our neighborhood)
(Preston asked for seafood for lunch)
"The assumption of time is one of humanity's greatest follies. We tell ourselves that there is always tomorrow, when we can no more predict tomorrow than we can the weather. Procrastination is the thief of dreams."

(Preston and his imagination)
(Four of my primary kids helping with Sharing time.
Preston is in white)
(Preston scored his first goal therefore gets an obscene amount of ice cream)
(Preston drew this pic of a Nutcracker)
"The greatest secret of life is that we find exactly what we are looking for. In spite of what happens to us, ultimately we decide whether our lives are good or bad, ugly or beautiful. Some people in the world have stopped looking for beauty and then they wonder why their lives are so ugly." I don't want to be like this. The ability to appreciate beauty is of God. Especially in one another. Look for beauty in everyone you meet, and you'll find it. Everyone carries divinity within them. And everyone we meet has something to impart.
(cute and pinch-able...)
(mom cut Theo's hair. and will never do it again.)
(Theo sharing his dinner with Uncle Dennis)
(Hmmmmm.... mom may use this someday.)
(Theo swinging at Grandparents Schneiders)
(The boys toy room, happy place)
I do not know what lies beyond the horizon, only that the road I walk was meant for me. It is enough.

Comments

Great post...very inspiring, Thanks
FrankandAsh said…
I know I say this every time but it's true, you have the cutest family!! You inspire me to be better in every way!
The McEnaney's said…
Love this post! Thanks for sharing all those amazing quotes and those cute pics of your adorable family!

Popular Posts