I listened.
Saturday night I went to Relief Society Meeting. Our prophet Thomas S. Monson spoke. I listened. President Monson gave an awesome talk, he has such a great sense of humor...And the words he spoke are words I needed to hear...
He spoke about the need to not be judgmental, especially as women, and that we need to be more charitable in every aspect of our lives... There is no need for judging. As mother Theresa says: if we are judging, we have no time to love. And in my eyes we all need to love more.
"I consider charity — or the pure love of Christ — to be the opposite of criticism and judging," he said. "In speaking of charity, I do not at this moment have in mind the relief of suffering through the giving of our substance. That, of course, is necessary and proper. Tonight, however, I have in mind the charity that manifests itself when we are tolerant of others and lenient toward their actions; the kind of charity that forgives; the kind of charity that is patient.
"Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do our best to help out," President Monson
I listened. I know what I need to do. I will try harder.
He spoke about the need to not be judgmental, especially as women, and that we need to be more charitable in every aspect of our lives... There is no need for judging. As mother Theresa says: if we are judging, we have no time to love. And in my eyes we all need to love more.
"I consider charity — or the pure love of Christ — to be the opposite of criticism and judging," he said. "In speaking of charity, I do not at this moment have in mind the relief of suffering through the giving of our substance. That, of course, is necessary and proper. Tonight, however, I have in mind the charity that manifests itself when we are tolerant of others and lenient toward their actions; the kind of charity that forgives; the kind of charity that is patient.
"Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do our best to help out," President Monson
I listened. I know what I need to do. I will try harder.
Comments