beyond inspired
This weekend was the 181st session of General Conference and I am SO excited to progress. The MAIN thing I learned over the past 48 hours is that I want to be happy, as happy as a General Authority, IT IS A COMANDMENT TO BE HAPPY! I love it I love it!!!
Here are a few more things I gathered:
SATURDAY:
~The LDS church bought loads of scooters and sent them to Japan to aid in the help and recovery of the people. The roads are ruined and larger vehicles cannot get through. I thought that was awesome.
~L.Tom Perry spoke on the sacrament and three things the Lord requires of us. 1-keep clean and avoid worldly distractions. 2-Make things right, Be Christlike. 3-BE filled with love.
~Jean Stevens gave amazing examples of being as a child, God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.
~Walter Gonzales talk was among one of my favorites. He spoke about people of all faiths and from all countries want to do good. I love that! Some people in my religion forget that sometimes. He also said that being a true follower of Christ means loving all people and keeps covenants. THE WAY WE TREAT OTHERS IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF OUR LOVE FOR THE SAVIOR!!!
~Kent Richards spoke about different types of pain and how it can either make us angry or bring us closer to God.
~Quentin Cook spoke of the wonderful women in the church and the power we have as LDS women.
~Henry B. Eyring's talk was regarding helping the poor and needy. He said to ask, "have i done any good in the world today."
~Boyd K. Packer who I usually have a hard time relating to, spoke about the proper name we should call ourselves. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. HE also spoke about forgive and forget and that we have an obligation to nurture spiritual experiences for our children.
~Russel M. Nelson said that while we are praying for them they are also praying for us. LOVE IT! This was also one of my fav's He spoke about the fact that our faith will become part of our children's faith, I love that through all the turmoil, war and natural disaster that our children (and parents) have a constant of our faith. He also commanded us to be of good cheer...
~Richard J. Mayne's - this talk struck me... He said to make Christ the center of our home, have family home evening and prayer. There is power and protection in these things and we need it. we will be held accountable before the lord for the example we set for our children. This is a poem he read that I WILL NEVER FORGET:
Twas a sheep not a lamb that strayed away
In the parable Jesus told,
A grown-up sheep that strayed away
From the ninety and nine in the fold.
And why for the sheep should we seek
And earnestly hope and pray?
Because there is danger when sheep go wrong;
They lead the lambs astray.
Lambs will follow the sheep, you know,
Wherever the sheep may stray.
When sheep go wrong, it won’t take long
Til the lambs are as wrong as they.
And so with the sheep we earnestly plead
For the sake of the lambs today,
For when sheep are lost, what a terrible cost
The lambs will have to pay!
-C. C. Miller
I will do all I can to make a Christ centered home.
~Cecil O. Samuelson spoke about the worth of all of us. EVERYONE... We need to trust in the Lords timing and realize that our trials form us to what he wants us to be. We need to for a strong testimony because sometimes that will be all we have to get us through.
~Dallin H. Oaks: this talk was about desires. If we have righteous desires it will result in great things. We need to have a desire to know Christ and teach our children to seek the lord early.
Desire=priorities=choices=actions. BECOME SOMETHING GOOD!
~M. Russel Ballard: I love that he gave us the recipe for PEACE OF MIND. be patient and look for simple truths, don't try to complicate the Gospel, focus on the things that matter most. Love the lord. Be kind and sensitive.
SUNDAY:
Dieter f. Uchtdorf has a great sense of humor, He told us to take small steps of faith. This talk was probably the one talk that hit me the hardest regarding not putting things off and getting to the temple. He spoke of putting together our puzzle (the big picture) one piece at a time. I need to be a person the Lord can rely on. "Answers to our prayers don't always come when we are on our knees but when we are on our feet in service." I love that he said that if we are happy, nice, accepting, friendly, positive people that others will want to know what we know and have what we have. SO CHEER UP PEOPLE! (i added that) THE BEST QOUTE OF THE DAY:"Preach the gospel at all times and IF NECESSARY use words." So often times people think they need to say things when actions and example are all that is needed.
~Paul V. Johnson says we see marvelous blessings on the hills of great trials
~H. David Burton: no matter what our numbers or how many temples are on the Earth, we need to lift others in need and remember what really matters. Remember what Jesus did when he walked the Earth.
~Silvia Allred through service the lord will find a way for us.
~David A. Bednar gave a light analogy regarding promptings and or how the spirit talks to us. Sometimes the light just turns on like a light switch and sometimes it is more like a sun creeping over the mountain. Either way we need to be careful what we do to make it hard for us to hear the revelations or promptings. I know in my life I need to slow down.
~Thomas S. Monsen then spoke about the importance of temples. I am so lucky to have so many temples so close to me. There are so many blessings for families that are to be found in the temple. No price is to great for temple blessings he said, the prophet also said there is no more important goal to have as a family. I listened. (while the prophet spoke I could hear my kitchen being destroyed downstairs by Theo, I didnt care)
~Richard G. Scott also spoke about temples and how they have the power to draw families/marriages closer together. He spoke of keys to a wonderful marriage.
~D. Todd Christofferson said that we are judged on what we become. If we are going to become as God would have us be we need to be willing to accept and seek correction and if needed be willing to re-direct our course. Something that hit home with me: PARENTS WHO DO NOT CORRECT THEIR CHILDREN (chasten) ARE BEING SELFISH.
~Carl B. Pratt said that if we are faithful in paying our tithing to be ready to have blessings beyond measure.
~Lynn G. Robbins gave a great talk on being better parents. He said to consider our more difficult children (my little Theo) a blessing. For God gave him to me and me alone to help me become more Christlike by learning patience. Theo is actually teaching me far more than I will ever teach him. I love him. When teaching our children we need to constantly look at the big picture. We need to let them know we are proud of them and the best way to parent is by example. I need to remember my kids see my attitude and hear every word. Being in the Primary and now YW it is so interesting to see the attitudes of the children's parents come out in their kids. I actually know exactly which parents like me more than others just by how their kids treat me, i can see what kind of mood the Girls mom was in just by spending time with their children. It has really opened my eyes to how much our kids need us to be happy and POSOTIVE!!!
Benjamin De Hoyes I need to read.
C. Scott Grow just lost a brother to health issues and spoke on how the atonement really works and it for us.
Jeffrey R. Holland was so overcome with emotion, it was so sweet to watch his love for the Prophet. He said to be a mortal messenger with an angelic message.
Thomas S. Monson closed conference by advising us to be good citizens and neighbors, be honest in all we do and as we celebrate Easter to remember what Christ did for us.
This man is my Hero, I am inspired, I will be better. I want to be better. Preston, Theo and John deserve all the blessings possible. Preston always tries so hard to be good, he is constantly reminding me what is right. He teaches me through example and I need to step it up.
Being a mom is the best...
Here are a few more things I gathered:
SATURDAY:
~The LDS church bought loads of scooters and sent them to Japan to aid in the help and recovery of the people. The roads are ruined and larger vehicles cannot get through. I thought that was awesome.
~L.Tom Perry spoke on the sacrament and three things the Lord requires of us. 1-keep clean and avoid worldly distractions. 2-Make things right, Be Christlike. 3-BE filled with love.
~Jean Stevens gave amazing examples of being as a child, God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.
~Walter Gonzales talk was among one of my favorites. He spoke about people of all faiths and from all countries want to do good. I love that! Some people in my religion forget that sometimes. He also said that being a true follower of Christ means loving all people and keeps covenants. THE WAY WE TREAT OTHERS IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF OUR LOVE FOR THE SAVIOR!!!
~Kent Richards spoke about different types of pain and how it can either make us angry or bring us closer to God.
~Quentin Cook spoke of the wonderful women in the church and the power we have as LDS women.
~Henry B. Eyring's talk was regarding helping the poor and needy. He said to ask, "have i done any good in the world today."
~Boyd K. Packer who I usually have a hard time relating to, spoke about the proper name we should call ourselves. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. HE also spoke about forgive and forget and that we have an obligation to nurture spiritual experiences for our children.
~Russel M. Nelson said that while we are praying for them they are also praying for us. LOVE IT! This was also one of my fav's He spoke about the fact that our faith will become part of our children's faith, I love that through all the turmoil, war and natural disaster that our children (and parents) have a constant of our faith. He also commanded us to be of good cheer...
~Richard J. Mayne's - this talk struck me... He said to make Christ the center of our home, have family home evening and prayer. There is power and protection in these things and we need it. we will be held accountable before the lord for the example we set for our children. This is a poem he read that I WILL NEVER FORGET:
Twas a sheep not a lamb that strayed away
In the parable Jesus told,
A grown-up sheep that strayed away
From the ninety and nine in the fold.
And why for the sheep should we seek
And earnestly hope and pray?
Because there is danger when sheep go wrong;
They lead the lambs astray.
Lambs will follow the sheep, you know,
Wherever the sheep may stray.
When sheep go wrong, it won’t take long
Til the lambs are as wrong as they.
And so with the sheep we earnestly plead
For the sake of the lambs today,
For when sheep are lost, what a terrible cost
The lambs will have to pay!
-C. C. Miller
I will do all I can to make a Christ centered home.
~Cecil O. Samuelson spoke about the worth of all of us. EVERYONE... We need to trust in the Lords timing and realize that our trials form us to what he wants us to be. We need to for a strong testimony because sometimes that will be all we have to get us through.
~Dallin H. Oaks: this talk was about desires. If we have righteous desires it will result in great things. We need to have a desire to know Christ and teach our children to seek the lord early.
Desire=priorities=choices=actions. BECOME SOMETHING GOOD!
~M. Russel Ballard: I love that he gave us the recipe for PEACE OF MIND. be patient and look for simple truths, don't try to complicate the Gospel, focus on the things that matter most. Love the lord. Be kind and sensitive.
SUNDAY:
Dieter f. Uchtdorf has a great sense of humor, He told us to take small steps of faith. This talk was probably the one talk that hit me the hardest regarding not putting things off and getting to the temple. He spoke of putting together our puzzle (the big picture) one piece at a time. I need to be a person the Lord can rely on. "Answers to our prayers don't always come when we are on our knees but when we are on our feet in service." I love that he said that if we are happy, nice, accepting, friendly, positive people that others will want to know what we know and have what we have. SO CHEER UP PEOPLE! (i added that) THE BEST QOUTE OF THE DAY:"Preach the gospel at all times and IF NECESSARY use words." So often times people think they need to say things when actions and example are all that is needed.
~Paul V. Johnson says we see marvelous blessings on the hills of great trials
~H. David Burton: no matter what our numbers or how many temples are on the Earth, we need to lift others in need and remember what really matters. Remember what Jesus did when he walked the Earth.
~Silvia Allred through service the lord will find a way for us.
~David A. Bednar gave a light analogy regarding promptings and or how the spirit talks to us. Sometimes the light just turns on like a light switch and sometimes it is more like a sun creeping over the mountain. Either way we need to be careful what we do to make it hard for us to hear the revelations or promptings. I know in my life I need to slow down.
~Thomas S. Monsen then spoke about the importance of temples. I am so lucky to have so many temples so close to me. There are so many blessings for families that are to be found in the temple. No price is to great for temple blessings he said, the prophet also said there is no more important goal to have as a family. I listened. (while the prophet spoke I could hear my kitchen being destroyed downstairs by Theo, I didnt care)
~Richard G. Scott also spoke about temples and how they have the power to draw families/marriages closer together. He spoke of keys to a wonderful marriage.
~D. Todd Christofferson said that we are judged on what we become. If we are going to become as God would have us be we need to be willing to accept and seek correction and if needed be willing to re-direct our course. Something that hit home with me: PARENTS WHO DO NOT CORRECT THEIR CHILDREN (chasten) ARE BEING SELFISH.
~Carl B. Pratt said that if we are faithful in paying our tithing to be ready to have blessings beyond measure.
~Lynn G. Robbins gave a great talk on being better parents. He said to consider our more difficult children (my little Theo) a blessing. For God gave him to me and me alone to help me become more Christlike by learning patience. Theo is actually teaching me far more than I will ever teach him. I love him. When teaching our children we need to constantly look at the big picture. We need to let them know we are proud of them and the best way to parent is by example. I need to remember my kids see my attitude and hear every word. Being in the Primary and now YW it is so interesting to see the attitudes of the children's parents come out in their kids. I actually know exactly which parents like me more than others just by how their kids treat me, i can see what kind of mood the Girls mom was in just by spending time with their children. It has really opened my eyes to how much our kids need us to be happy and POSOTIVE!!!
Benjamin De Hoyes I need to read.
C. Scott Grow just lost a brother to health issues and spoke on how the atonement really works and it for us.
Jeffrey R. Holland was so overcome with emotion, it was so sweet to watch his love for the Prophet. He said to be a mortal messenger with an angelic message.
Thomas S. Monson closed conference by advising us to be good citizens and neighbors, be honest in all we do and as we celebrate Easter to remember what Christ did for us.
This man is my Hero, I am inspired, I will be better. I want to be better. Preston, Theo and John deserve all the blessings possible. Preston always tries so hard to be good, he is constantly reminding me what is right. He teaches me through example and I need to step it up.
Being a mom is the best...
Comments