A letter re: My Grandma
memoirs of my Grandma, my guardian angel.
We would go for a nature walks and talk about blue bells and cockle shells. We would skip up and down dirt roads and Grandma would name the flowers and birds.
We would read long stories and Grandma would write stories about what was to come for us. My grandma loved me and I never doubted it.
We would sing all the day and paint. We loved spending time with grandma at the Strawberry cabin. Spying on beavers in the nearby pond and fetching fire wood.
In the big white house we had a stage and every Christmas we would put on our new Christmas dress and put of a performance for the family.
We would sit in the hot tub out back, ice skate in the winter on the pond and canoe in the summer. We would feed ducks and geese all year around.
We would spend hours as a family sitting under that huge gazebo just enjoying each other and enjoying the little things.
Grandma taught us hop scotch and jump rope. She came to sporting events and dance performances. She showed us her passion of art and sang us lullabies with her angelic voice.
Grandma was the glue that kept this wild/diverse family together.
Grandma was a party planner, a true friend, a phone call at just the right time, a consistent birthday card and someone who had enough faith for an army.
Grandma was an example of someone who accepted all and an example of a dedicated mother and wife.
When I think of Grandma I cannot help but think about her unwavering love and commitment to our grandpa. They were the ultimate team. They have the utmost respect and consideration for one another. I am sure that their lips have not gone more than a few hours without kissing in the past 40 years. Holding hands every morning during their heartfelt prayers. They would talk about their day ahead and plan what needed to be done. Every move either of them made would be cleared with the other. They never had to wonder where each other were. They knew. They still know. Grandma has made it to our heavenly father and she is still watching over grandpa. She will never leave his side. I have NEVER in my 30 years seen a more precious love. A love that strong. I have been blessed to witness this. So blessed. My grandpa truly made my grandmothers life a heaven on this earth. My grandpa has shown me what it is like to really treat a lady. He set the bar high. Gramps should have NO regrets.
When I was little I got to live with grandma and grandpa for a short time. Every morning I would wake up to singing and every morning I would receive my morning hugs and kisses with a special song to eat my toast to.
When I was in high school I would go visit our Grandma and even as cool as I was, I was never too cool to sneak by without those loving hugs and juicy kisses.
Then becoming a young adult and having some hard times one of the first places i would retreat to would be those loving, accepting arms and those beautiful kisses covered in lipstick.
At age 19 i decided I would move away from Utah. I needed a change of scenery. I got in my car and ended up in Sun City West where I would find a sight I would not soon forget. I pulled up in front of my grandparents home to find them both waiting for me on their porch, arm in arm. Waiting for me with those accepting hugs and those juicy kisses. I cried. Grandpa got my bags and grandma got me. I would stay there for a few weeks until I found a job and an apartment in phoenix. I made a new start for myself there, a fresh beginning with the help of my grandparents. I will never forget their words of encouragement. One thing I will never take for granted and never forget it how they never give up on me. My grandparents think I am special and I have never questioned that.
a quality in Gram that I want to strive to possess is that unconditional love for others. There was not one time I spent with her that i didn't hear her share her love and concern for someone. I always heard her ask, "what can i do for them," I hope they get better or I just love them so much. Mostly speaking of us as her grandchildren. She would have done anything for us.
I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my gram. Almost 31 years. She has loved me in spite of me. Listening to her stories has shown me that i can make a wonderful life for myself and my children. I have so much power. Grandma held so much power in her hands. She overcame more trials in her lifetime than most. She met her knight in shining armor and he fell head over heels for her and from that day on he began to solve all of her worries. She adored him and he took care of her. Our grandpa is her hero.
How is it possible that gram made us all feel like we were the most special favorite grandchild? I have loved listening and talking to my cousins over the past week and reminiscing. I know her love has left a mark.
I cannot hardly bare the thought of entering into her home without being welcomed by her loving arms and juicy kisses. I loved cleaning her house while the sound of her singing with her angelic voice while she got ready for the day. She is beautiful, My grandma. With her perfect hair and makeup and her long combed eyelashes. She is beautiful with her grace and poise, she is beautiful with her free flowing kisses and hugs. She is just beautiful.
My grandma Joyce always thinks I am so much better than I really am. Always telling me how wonderful of a parent I am. Always letting me know how capable and smart I am. And always keeping me updated on the latest with each one of her family members. If I get to her house to clean before morning prayer at breakfast I could her my Grandpa praying for the whole family. If I am still there at lunch I hear it again. Every time i am near her I get to hear her proclaim her love for my Grandpa and see them kiss a million times over.
My Grandma is beautiful. She is my friend and now she is OUR angel.
I have felt more than enough love from my grams to last a lifetime and another one over. She has been a lending hand, a shoulder to cry on, and good advice when i have needed her most. She loves her Savior and has enough faith to spare. A few years ago when Grandma and Grandpa were sealed in the temple and that was one of her proudest days.
Something I wish I would have told Grandma when she was here in my presence is just thank you. She has been a constant in my life, she has been stable when I needed strength. Thank you Grandma for teaching by example. You have taught us that there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel. We may be having struggles in our life and we may feel desperate at times. Gram has shown us all that there is a silver lining if we just keep pushing forward.
I want to tell my mom and my wonderful aunts and uncles how much i love them and how sorry I am for the loss of their mother. And so sorry to my cousins for the loss of the worlds most best grandma. I wan to tell my gramps, you are a man that should feel no regrets. You have taken care of our Grandma and honored and cherished her at all times. You left no kisses unkissed and no I love yous unsaid. You have succeeded in this marriage and she will be waiting for you.
A poem from a for my Grandma & Grandpa:
If roses grow in heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my sweethearts arms and tell her they're from me.
Tell her that I love her, and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
From a chicken coop in a backyard wearing home made clothing to a castle on a cloud. I love you grandma, you have left a hole in my heart that no one will be able to patch. I will try to fill it with all the fond memories and I will do ALL i can to be with you again. I will honor you today by trying to be like you. I will honor you by trying to keep this family loving each other. I will honor you by taking good care of gramps. I will try to get him to eat his banana each day. And I will come and help with your rose garden. In this busy life I will slow down and honor you because I love you. I owe it to you and so do we all. I will find joy in my journey and I will miss you along the way.
Till we meet again Grandma, till we meet again my friend.
Love,
Lindsay
We would go for a nature walks and talk about blue bells and cockle shells. We would skip up and down dirt roads and Grandma would name the flowers and birds.
We would read long stories and Grandma would write stories about what was to come for us. My grandma loved me and I never doubted it.
We would sing all the day and paint. We loved spending time with grandma at the Strawberry cabin. Spying on beavers in the nearby pond and fetching fire wood.
In the big white house we had a stage and every Christmas we would put on our new Christmas dress and put of a performance for the family.
We would sit in the hot tub out back, ice skate in the winter on the pond and canoe in the summer. We would feed ducks and geese all year around.
We would spend hours as a family sitting under that huge gazebo just enjoying each other and enjoying the little things.
Grandma taught us hop scotch and jump rope. She came to sporting events and dance performances. She showed us her passion of art and sang us lullabies with her angelic voice.
Grandma was the glue that kept this wild/diverse family together.
Grandma was a party planner, a true friend, a phone call at just the right time, a consistent birthday card and someone who had enough faith for an army.
Grandma was an example of someone who accepted all and an example of a dedicated mother and wife.
When I think of Grandma I cannot help but think about her unwavering love and commitment to our grandpa. They were the ultimate team. They have the utmost respect and consideration for one another. I am sure that their lips have not gone more than a few hours without kissing in the past 40 years. Holding hands every morning during their heartfelt prayers. They would talk about their day ahead and plan what needed to be done. Every move either of them made would be cleared with the other. They never had to wonder where each other were. They knew. They still know. Grandma has made it to our heavenly father and she is still watching over grandpa. She will never leave his side. I have NEVER in my 30 years seen a more precious love. A love that strong. I have been blessed to witness this. So blessed. My grandpa truly made my grandmothers life a heaven on this earth. My grandpa has shown me what it is like to really treat a lady. He set the bar high. Gramps should have NO regrets.
When I was little I got to live with grandma and grandpa for a short time. Every morning I would wake up to singing and every morning I would receive my morning hugs and kisses with a special song to eat my toast to.
When I was in high school I would go visit our Grandma and even as cool as I was, I was never too cool to sneak by without those loving hugs and juicy kisses.
Then becoming a young adult and having some hard times one of the first places i would retreat to would be those loving, accepting arms and those beautiful kisses covered in lipstick.
At age 19 i decided I would move away from Utah. I needed a change of scenery. I got in my car and ended up in Sun City West where I would find a sight I would not soon forget. I pulled up in front of my grandparents home to find them both waiting for me on their porch, arm in arm. Waiting for me with those accepting hugs and those juicy kisses. I cried. Grandpa got my bags and grandma got me. I would stay there for a few weeks until I found a job and an apartment in phoenix. I made a new start for myself there, a fresh beginning with the help of my grandparents. I will never forget their words of encouragement. One thing I will never take for granted and never forget it how they never give up on me. My grandparents think I am special and I have never questioned that.
a quality in Gram that I want to strive to possess is that unconditional love for others. There was not one time I spent with her that i didn't hear her share her love and concern for someone. I always heard her ask, "what can i do for them," I hope they get better or I just love them so much. Mostly speaking of us as her grandchildren. She would have done anything for us.
I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my gram. Almost 31 years. She has loved me in spite of me. Listening to her stories has shown me that i can make a wonderful life for myself and my children. I have so much power. Grandma held so much power in her hands. She overcame more trials in her lifetime than most. She met her knight in shining armor and he fell head over heels for her and from that day on he began to solve all of her worries. She adored him and he took care of her. Our grandpa is her hero.
How is it possible that gram made us all feel like we were the most special favorite grandchild? I have loved listening and talking to my cousins over the past week and reminiscing. I know her love has left a mark.
I cannot hardly bare the thought of entering into her home without being welcomed by her loving arms and juicy kisses. I loved cleaning her house while the sound of her singing with her angelic voice while she got ready for the day. She is beautiful, My grandma. With her perfect hair and makeup and her long combed eyelashes. She is beautiful with her grace and poise, she is beautiful with her free flowing kisses and hugs. She is just beautiful.
My grandma Joyce always thinks I am so much better than I really am. Always telling me how wonderful of a parent I am. Always letting me know how capable and smart I am. And always keeping me updated on the latest with each one of her family members. If I get to her house to clean before morning prayer at breakfast I could her my Grandpa praying for the whole family. If I am still there at lunch I hear it again. Every time i am near her I get to hear her proclaim her love for my Grandpa and see them kiss a million times over.
My Grandma is beautiful. She is my friend and now she is OUR angel.
I have felt more than enough love from my grams to last a lifetime and another one over. She has been a lending hand, a shoulder to cry on, and good advice when i have needed her most. She loves her Savior and has enough faith to spare. A few years ago when Grandma and Grandpa were sealed in the temple and that was one of her proudest days.
Something I wish I would have told Grandma when she was here in my presence is just thank you. She has been a constant in my life, she has been stable when I needed strength. Thank you Grandma for teaching by example. You have taught us that there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel. We may be having struggles in our life and we may feel desperate at times. Gram has shown us all that there is a silver lining if we just keep pushing forward.
I want to tell my mom and my wonderful aunts and uncles how much i love them and how sorry I am for the loss of their mother. And so sorry to my cousins for the loss of the worlds most best grandma. I wan to tell my gramps, you are a man that should feel no regrets. You have taken care of our Grandma and honored and cherished her at all times. You left no kisses unkissed and no I love yous unsaid. You have succeeded in this marriage and she will be waiting for you.
A poem from a for my Grandma & Grandpa:
If roses grow in heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my sweethearts arms and tell her they're from me.
Tell her that I love her, and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
From a chicken coop in a backyard wearing home made clothing to a castle on a cloud. I love you grandma, you have left a hole in my heart that no one will be able to patch. I will try to fill it with all the fond memories and I will do ALL i can to be with you again. I will honor you today by trying to be like you. I will honor you by trying to keep this family loving each other. I will honor you by taking good care of gramps. I will try to get him to eat his banana each day. And I will come and help with your rose garden. In this busy life I will slow down and honor you because I love you. I owe it to you and so do we all. I will find joy in my journey and I will miss you along the way.
Till we meet again Grandma, till we meet again my friend.
Love,
Lindsay

Comments