Prestons heart
Sunday night it hit me... Preston is growing up. I DO NOT LIKE IT! We went to Disney on ice as a family. It was Theo's birthday present from us and it was fun. (more to come in next post)...
We could have went to Disneyland for the cost of tickets and toys.
Anyways...
We have always known Preston is a special boy, a very special choice spirit and a smart kid at that. We hear it almost daily from teacher, coaches, friends and strangers. He is a great kid. Of coarse I feel this way, I am his mom... I have to! However to watch him touch so many others has been a major reason why John and I have felt the need to progress in our lives.
Preston continues to amaze me as a brother and son. He decorated for Theo's birthday party and was so excited for the party guests to arrive so he could show them around...
We could have went to Disneyland for the cost of tickets and toys.
Anyways...
We have always known Preston is a special boy, a very special choice spirit and a smart kid at that. We hear it almost daily from teacher, coaches, friends and strangers. He is a great kid. Of coarse I feel this way, I am his mom... I have to! However to watch him touch so many others has been a major reason why John and I have felt the need to progress in our lives.
Preston continues to amaze me as a brother and son. He decorated for Theo's birthday party and was so excited for the party guests to arrive so he could show them around...
In recent days Preston has received his report card, straight A's, received student of the week at Shelley Elem, passed off all his his times tables and started a biography on anyone of his choice. He chose a one armed basketball player Dax Crum.
Last night we let each son pick a toy at Disney on ice... Theo was quick to grab the buzz flashing toy. Preston passed. He said no thanks and asked for a lemonade. WHAT??? NO TOY??? NO FLASHING BUZZ OR WOODY OR SWORD OR HAT OR HORSE??? I LOST IT!
I cried for the first 15 minutes of the production which made Preston cry. I was devastated that my little baby boy was old enough to pass up on a toy. He would rather read, play Lego's or ride his bike. I would rather him beg for light up toys and chew on them. As you can see from the pic below, Preston is a supportive big brother. Well he is trying really hard to be. He was excited, for Theo!
Preston will always be my cuddle bug and my baby. He will never outgrow this heartbreaking and joyful motherly love I feel for him. I cannot begin to put into words how proud he makes me every day. He is again a special gift from God. My special gift.
Comments