Theo and his first week of life!






After a night of labor pains and 3 warms baths I decided to take Preston to school and stop by the Doctor office and get a check up. I knew I was still a couple weeks early and was not sure if the pain was "real labor." After getting Preston ready for school my left leg and hip went completely numb and i began to get a sharp tearing sensation in my c-section incision from when Preston was born. I literally crawled to my jeep and Preston carried my purse. I dropped Preston off at school and I came straight to the Hospital where they ran a few tests and decided I better have this baby asap. They told me to call John and as soon as he got there we went into the O.R. where our family was made complete on Thursday. As soon as Dr. Jones saw my uterus he was in shock. it is paper thin and I had these pains just in time. Theo has had a hard past few days of constant struggle although it could have been terrible.
He was diagnosed with Respiratory Distress syndrome because of being a little early and because he didn't come through a birth canal to squeeze his lunges clean. He just wasn't strong enough to keep his lungs working right so he needed help. After 5 days in the NICU we brought him home to his anxious big brother. Preston spent the entire week looking at his "buddy" through a window...
This has been a roller coaster and a mental ride on my emotions as well as Johns. We have had quite a year of medical drama. At the end of the day we have each other and we feel content and happy that our family is complete.
Thanks to all of our amazing friends and family... we are so blessed!

Comments

CEltonMomma said…
He is beautiful! I am happy to hear he is home with you and well! Congrats!
Oh my gosh, that baby is so sweet!!! Congratulations! It's scary when they come unexpectedly, little stinkers! When they want to be here they will! How cute, I hope everything is well.
Shalice said…
CONGRATS you two, I am glad that you are both doing good. Just makes me think a few more years before I need to go through that!
Fionna said…
He is so dang cute!!! I'm so glad he is okay. I had Titan 3 wks early and he had a hard time to. It is very stressful when you just want to take them home and cuddle them.
Fisher Family said…
no wonder why he had the perfect round head! he was a c-section baby. I am a little too familiar with that and I should have known.

He is a complete doll and I'm glad he's been home and his big brother now gets to enjoy him.

How are you guys doing?
oh he is so adorable!! I know how you feel. Our daughter had to be put in NICU and we were there for 2 days more than we should have been. Except they weren't sure what caused her to start having stressful breathing. but she is doing great!

Popular Posts