milestones, stepping stones or temporary road blocks... I am 29 today

milestones, stepping stones or temporary road blocks... I will not be putting a label on each of my life experiences. Some of them are more than one. You would probably be surprised at the way I look at the following. I do know this. I am gracious, humble and thankful.
Life experiences by age.
1. learned to walk
2. got locked in a bathroom by my siblings, loved a blankie
3. First concussion. Pre school with donna lee Evans.
4. First broken arm, raced a big wheel on a dirt bike track
5. started kindergarten with Mrs., first motorcycle wreck
6. first grade with Mrs makin, raced my brothers hand me down bmx bike
7. Second grade Miss Buringham... First crush (JD Frisbee), bmx traveling
8. Third grade Mrs Howard, second broken arm, baptised, bmx traveling, got to cheerlead with my sister as a mascot
9. fourth grade Mr. stone, read a life changing book that would shape my life forever. "Stone Fox." it was what began my love for animals and Siberian huskies. Second and third crush were best friends (Levi Calton and Travis Zerek), bmx traveling
10. 5Th grade Mrs piercal (she loved disnyland so much she made me hate it), started to write poetry, bmx traveling
11. 6th grade moved to sego lily elem from meadow and met new friends, third broken arm. bmx traveling to Canada, my dad had heart surgery and quit smoking
12. 7th grade, Started junior high, lost to Jordan day for class president, had 60 hamsters for a science project. bmx traveling, my sister got married to Bryce
13. 8th grade first musical, first run down the snake river in a 4 man raft.
14. 9th grade, realized that cheer-leading was NOT for me and never tried out again...sent my brother off to Cali for a baseball scholarship.
15. 10th grade started high school, first Prom and first serious boyfriend, made a performing group, only child at home, first car Chevy spectrum, my niece Kalen was born (my little nemesis).
16. 11th grade moved to Lone peak high school, started life guarding an teaching swim lessons
17. 12th grade at Lone peak high school, buried a dear friend to suicide... realized the true meaning of death and the fragility of life and have never been the same( hated my creative writing teacher jd gale for leaving his seat vacant for the rest of the year), graduated high school, kastan was born
18. bought a new Honda accord and wrecked it 1 mile from the dealership.  McCall was born
19. made a hasty decision to marry someone i didn't really know and i have no regrets regarding the decision. Divorced that same year. I don't take my life with john for granted for having had that experience.
20. moved to Arizona, belted my tv in the passenger seat and left town
21. lived in AZ worked at IBM and lived it up, sewed some oats and felt o.k.
22. Moved home from AZ in July, met john at a concert and married him in September. Best decision! Bought our first house, got two dogs and a cat and got pregnant 3 weeks after marriage
23. Had a precious little baby boy Preston
24. had feelings i did not know i was capable of while watching Preston and john interact.
25. Spent a lot of time with my sister and her kids while she was sick and I worked for Bryce.

26. Watched my little Preston sit in a wheel chair and body cast. Learned the value of children and what REALLY matters in life
27. Had a precious little baby boy Theo six weeks early.
28. adjusted to a life as a stay at home mom of two, started going to church, got my first calling in the primary presidency and learned how to be a bit more frugal. Happiest year thus far.
29. I hope to learn from the past, be happy, skip my mile stones on a beautiful lake somewhere to reward how far i have come, hop over my stepping stones and let someone else that may need them have a chance and knock down any road blocks that come my way with a little help from my heavenly father and my husband.   I am looking forward to my thirties.  But as for my last year in my twenties I am going to make it the best I can...

Things I appreciate: (in no order)
John
fresh air
Prestons dirty fingernails. (it means he is outside finding adventure)
family
people who are easy to love
my vans
atonement
modern medicine
red box (codes)

Comments

That was an awesome read! Loved it! Creative writing is still in you :) Happy Birthday!
Shalice said…
WOW, can you do my 29 Birthday Post? We have a few months to prepare... Happy Birthday, hope you have a good one and I loved reading about your life!
Thanks Marci and Krystal! Love you both...

Shalice i would love to write a blog post for you... I had a great birthday and I am overwhelmed with love.
Great way to see the positive in dirty fingernails. I'm going to look at it your way from now on instead of thinking of it as a reflection of being a bad mother who let's her son get so dirty. Happy Birthday!

Popular Posts