Missing John!

On Sunday John left for Reno for work training and I was actually excited for a couple days apart. I was going to deep clean, eat out, and sleep at Merrilee's. At noon when Preston and I dropped him off at the airport we walked him in, kissed him goodbye and walked away to get on the elevator. For Preston and I were off to McDonald's. Preston looked at me and started sobbing and took off running for hid daddy. I ran after him (also crying) and we gave John a few more hugs and kisses. As we turned to walk away the lady behind John in line (also crying because of Preston's reaction) said to John, "How long will you be gone?" John said 4 days. Actually a little comical from the outside looking in.
On the way out the door we saw a soldier in full uniform hugging and kissing his little girl and wife. I tried to point that out and explain to Preston how lucky we are. It really did not set in for him although for me I spent the next 20 minutes in tears of gratitude while Preston cried himself to sleep on the way home saying, "I will be so bored without daddy!"
John will be home Wednesday night and then he is turning around and leaving us again for 9 days. He is going to have fun with his dad and some other crazies. They are going on a backpacking trip through Grand Gulch. I am a nervous wreck for John. I keep having flashes of him running out of water, not enough food, coyotes, and last but not least developing weird views and odd sense of humor. Is that contagious?
After 6 years of pretty much being together non-stop it gets hard to sleep alone, I love John unconditionally. He is my whole world and my best friend.

Comments

Hatchetman said…
You totally made me cry!! Thank goodness he gets to be home for a few days before he leaves again. xoxo Becca
Ashley said…
You are so sweet... such a good wife. I love your pictures they are so cute! lets go to lunch this week.

Popular Posts