Hiking around Dead Horse Point!







This is a place I have been many times growing up and it never gets old. This time I got to share the story my mom and dad told me. The best part about it was seeing his little face light up while looking around the beauty God created for us to enjoy. We are so lucky to live in Utah where majestic views and amazing landscape are right out our front doors. Here is a little story I got to share with Preston:

According to legend, the point was once used as a corral for wild mustangs roaming the mesa. Cowboys rounded up these horses, herded them across the narrow neck of the land and onto the point. The neck, which is only 30 yards wide, was then fenced off with branches and brush, creating a natural corral surrounded by precipitous cliffs. Cowboys then chose the horses they wanted and for some reason left the other horses corralled on the waterless point where they died of thirst within view of the Colorado River, 2000 feet below.

Someday we will have all the asnwers... For now John, Preston and I are going to search for all the questions. And love every second of it!

Comments

Becca Hatch said…
Looks like fun!! Maybe I should be a little more brave about taking the girls camping.
Ashley said…
That is so beautiful I want to go!!! What a cool story. Is that where your cabin is?
These are my old stompin grounds! Moab is an hour from my home town Blanding! These make me homesick! You guys are always having fun! and going somewhere! Hugs and kisses! Bev.

Popular Posts