Ring In The New ME!
resolutions I can actually keep
What is it about January? As soon as the ball drops, my mind immediately turns to all the stuff I am absolutely going to do this year. The thing is, they’re usually the same promises I made last year. Well forget the been-there, tried-that resolutions I am going to commit to new ones that are less daunting, more doable and guaranteed to make me feel great.
-Lock lips with Johnny!
You don’t have to be a scientist to know that a good kiss makes you feel euphoric! In 2009 I vow to surprise my husband with passionate kisses more often.
-Blog often: I have done well in 2008 and cant wait for more great memories to print into another book for 2009.
-Be more spontaneous
When was the last time I did something spur-of-the-moment? Well, it’s time to embrace a more “why not?” mentality. “Being spontaneous shows that you’re not afraid to genuinely express who you are... So I am going to add a dash of fun to my days. (even with a newborn) I never did that with Preston. If my sister calls and invites me out at the last minute, I'm going. If an ad for salsa lessons really catches my eye, don’t shrug it off; sign up. The bottom line: This year, whenever the prospect of something fun gives me a twinge of excitement, I'll go for it. (if it is in the budget of course)
-Make my kids laugh
Wear a goofy hat. Speak in a silly voice. Fall over. Make weird faces. It’s fun for them and beneficial for me. Laughter is a way to clear out the mind’s cobwebs, to heal from little upsets. I will try not to interrupt the fun just because it’s time to make dinner.
-Go to Church. This is a hard one, I love Sundays just for the fact we always stay home in Jammie's and talk all day.
-Surround myself with color
Bright, sunny walks can cheer me up instantly... I also need to venture out of my brown, tan and black closet and toss in a yellow top occasionally.
-Spread cheer—and do it every single day! Smile at strangers, hand out compliments, ask how someone is doing and really mean it.
Think like a kid/try to find the funny in things...
-Make one new friend
Doesn't seem to hard, Right? Well i am a sensitive person and feel it a waste of time to try and be-friend someone who it not sensitive. I shouldn't have to tell my friends at age 27/28 when they have hurt me or left me out.
-Put my right brain to work
Create my own artist’s wall. Grab a camera, go outside and snap whatever moves me. Hang the best shots, rotating in new ones every few weeks.
-Explore my hometown and local attractions.
There are so many fun and interesting things so close to my home. I just need to read the paper and research more. Even if it is just a stroll in the park or a nature hike with my boys.
-Start a potluck ritual
A once-a-month gathering. Before everyone leaves, set a date for the next get-together. (let me know if you want to take part) We can do games or just eat and talk.
-Do something that scares me silly
Whatever gives me willies—riding roller coasters or speaking/singing in public or just something that makes me cringe...Conquering a fear seems empowering!
-Simplify without stress
Vow to purge one thing each month. By year’s end I'll have cleared out lots of clutter with very little exertion.
-Get more sleep
To get more shut-eye I am going to go to bed 15 minutes earlier each night for a week. The next week push it back 30 minutes. I am going to make it a habit and gain nearly four hours of extra sleep a week
2008 has been the hardest yet most rewarding year of my entire life. To see my son in pain was #1 on the list. To feel the quilt of thinking I could have prevented his injury was by far the hardest emotion I have ever felt. I am looking forward to 2009 more than any other year thus far. My grandpa told me he thinks it will be a good year for our family and I prayerfully agree. We are adding our sweet baby Theo to our little clan, Preston will finally get his wish to be a big brother. We have learned a lot as a couple this year, John and I. We have tried handling issues on our own and tried working together. We have found that working together is so much better. I can honestly say we are ready for some peace, health and stability, thats all we are wanting in 2009!
Happy New Year to all my loved ones.
What is it about January? As soon as the ball drops, my mind immediately turns to all the stuff I am absolutely going to do this year. The thing is, they’re usually the same promises I made last year. Well forget the been-there, tried-that resolutions I am going to commit to new ones that are less daunting, more doable and guaranteed to make me feel great.
-Lock lips with Johnny!
You don’t have to be a scientist to know that a good kiss makes you feel euphoric! In 2009 I vow to surprise my husband with passionate kisses more often.
-Blog often: I have done well in 2008 and cant wait for more great memories to print into another book for 2009.
-Be more spontaneous
When was the last time I did something spur-of-the-moment? Well, it’s time to embrace a more “why not?” mentality. “Being spontaneous shows that you’re not afraid to genuinely express who you are... So I am going to add a dash of fun to my days. (even with a newborn) I never did that with Preston. If my sister calls and invites me out at the last minute, I'm going. If an ad for salsa lessons really catches my eye, don’t shrug it off; sign up. The bottom line: This year, whenever the prospect of something fun gives me a twinge of excitement, I'll go for it. (if it is in the budget of course)
-Make my kids laugh
Wear a goofy hat. Speak in a silly voice. Fall over. Make weird faces. It’s fun for them and beneficial for me. Laughter is a way to clear out the mind’s cobwebs, to heal from little upsets. I will try not to interrupt the fun just because it’s time to make dinner.
-Go to Church. This is a hard one, I love Sundays just for the fact we always stay home in Jammie's and talk all day.
-Surround myself with color
Bright, sunny walks can cheer me up instantly... I also need to venture out of my brown, tan and black closet and toss in a yellow top occasionally.
-Spread cheer—and do it every single day! Smile at strangers, hand out compliments, ask how someone is doing and really mean it.
Think like a kid/try to find the funny in things...
-Make one new friend
Doesn't seem to hard, Right? Well i am a sensitive person and feel it a waste of time to try and be-friend someone who it not sensitive. I shouldn't have to tell my friends at age 27/28 when they have hurt me or left me out.
-Put my right brain to work
Create my own artist’s wall. Grab a camera, go outside and snap whatever moves me. Hang the best shots, rotating in new ones every few weeks.
-Explore my hometown and local attractions.
There are so many fun and interesting things so close to my home. I just need to read the paper and research more. Even if it is just a stroll in the park or a nature hike with my boys.
-Start a potluck ritual
A once-a-month gathering. Before everyone leaves, set a date for the next get-together. (let me know if you want to take part) We can do games or just eat and talk.
-Do something that scares me silly
Whatever gives me willies—riding roller coasters or speaking/singing in public or just something that makes me cringe...Conquering a fear seems empowering!
-Simplify without stress
Vow to purge one thing each month. By year’s end I'll have cleared out lots of clutter with very little exertion.
-Get more sleep
To get more shut-eye I am going to go to bed 15 minutes earlier each night for a week. The next week push it back 30 minutes. I am going to make it a habit and gain nearly four hours of extra sleep a week
2008 has been the hardest yet most rewarding year of my entire life. To see my son in pain was #1 on the list. To feel the quilt of thinking I could have prevented his injury was by far the hardest emotion I have ever felt. I am looking forward to 2009 more than any other year thus far. My grandpa told me he thinks it will be a good year for our family and I prayerfully agree. We are adding our sweet baby Theo to our little clan, Preston will finally get his wish to be a big brother. We have learned a lot as a couple this year, John and I. We have tried handling issues on our own and tried working together. We have found that working together is so much better. I can honestly say we are ready for some peace, health and stability, thats all we are wanting in 2009!
Happy New Year to all my loved ones.
Comments
Made me wanna see the move, Yes Man, with Jim Carrey. :)
I'm so glad to see 08 go and let it go with a big kick in the pants!
Here's to 09 and I'll prayerfully agree with you.
Love,
Jill